Monday, September 04, 2006

thoughts from a night owl...

i don't think i have ever been so exhausted in all my life. when i was putting binyamin in for a nap this morning in the pack n' play, i lay down on the floor next to him and fell asleep. last night, i think everyone here took turns waking up. first tal, then binyamin, then noach for meds, then binyamin, then tal, then noach. no wonder i am tired. both my mom and mother in-law were here to help today because it's labor day and they aren't teaching. but i did about 5 loads of laundry, cooked hamburgers, eggs and some other food, went to the market, gave noach his IV meds twice... i can already hear the responses: take care of yourself, get someone to help... i appreciate it but i have to do things my way. my kids need me. noach needs me. in a week or two, ariel will be here to help. and a week from tomorrow tal starts school and will go 5 mornings a week. so things will quiet down. the only way you can help is not to be upset if i don't call u back right away, to check with me if you plan to bring over food (at the moment we have so much and i feel like it is such a waste to throw it out but noach doesn't have much of an appetite and tal and i like child-friendly food), call first if you want to visit because noach isn't always up to it (and neither am i) and to ask me again in 2-3 weeks if i need anything. by that time, my mom and mother-in-law will be back at work, tal will be at school, ariel will be here and i will be in more of a regular routine, i hope, and will know what i need. plus by then, maybe the food will stop coming from friends and i may ask you to pick up a carton of milk for me, meet me for coffee or ask you to join me in a giant banana split. now i am off to fold the many loads of laundry i did today and to watch some mindless tv. i love this time of the day - i know i should go to sleep but all is quiet here and i have some time for me. until someone calls, "Mommy!" and when he/she does, i will be there because that is what it is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home